Household Support Fund
The household support fund is open for referrals from 16 May to 4 September 2022. The grant is funded by the government to support people most in need of help with rising living costs. Schools will act as lead referrers.
How can families get help?
Families cannot apply to the fund directly. Funds are limited and the government has changed how councils are required to target them.
Families needing support from this fund will need to be referred by a professional.
Referrals are able to be submitted from the following Leicester City Council teams:
- social workers
- neighbourhood housing officers
- housing related support workers
- income management officers
- city schools (see below for access)
We are asking schools to support us by working with those families who are struggling and have been affected by rising living costs. The scheme is open for schools from Monday 16 May and will close 4 September 2022. This will give you time to work with your families.
The fund will be used to support households most in need with:
- Gas and electricity (billed and pre-paid)
- Water bills
- White goods
- In exceptional cases of genuine emergency, it may also be used to support housing costs where existing housing support/discretionary schemes do not meet this need
IF YOU WOULD LIKE THE SCHOOL TO MAKE A REFERRAL, PLEASE CONTACT THE SCHOOL OFFICE - THIS WILL BE TREATED IN CONFIDENCE.