The School Day
Dinner year 3 & 4
|12:10pm – 1:10pm|
Dinner year 5 & 6
|12:20pm – 1:20pm|
Breakfast club starts in the dining hall
Main playground gates open
Children line up in the playground
After care sessions
|3:10pm - 5:30pm Full session
3:10pm – 4:10pm half session
Your child’s day in school begins at 8:50am with registration, which is an important part of the day, during registration the teacher will explain important instructions to the children about the school day. It is vital all children arrive on time to ensure that they have had all the information the teacher shares.
Each day there will be timetabled literacy, numeracy and reading times, which use whole class teaching and appropriate group tasks.
We follow schemes of work to ensure a broad, balanced curriculum, where there is continuity and progression designed to allow each child to attain their full potential, the subjects we teach follow the national curriculum and we endeavour to teach these subjects with an emphasis on being fun and interesting, whilst not forgetting to make them challenging.
“The curriculum is appropriately broad. It is organised around interesting topics which capture the interests and imaginations of pupils and effectively engages them in their learning”.
Ofsted April 2016, Inspectors judgements
Our children are learning to:
- Observe, listen and discuss
- Plan, enquire, invent and construct
- Read with enjoyment and understanding
- Solve problems
- Mentally use number skills with speed and accuracy
- Calculate and understand mathematical concepts
- Study the local and wider environment
- Communicate and express ideas and feelings in speech and writing.
We encourage our children to:
- Care for others and the environment
- Be self-reliant, self-confident and self-disciplined
- Make the best possible effort
- Develop their individual talents
- Express themselves through music, dance, drama, art, performance and design technology
- Be reflective
And be encouraged to make their own special contribution for school life.